Gift Aid

What is Gift Aid?

Gift Aid is a government scheme which lets charities claim an extra 25p for every £1 you donate, at no extra cost to you.  

For example, if you give a gift of £10, One25 can claim back £2.50, meaning your donation will become £12.50.  

How does Gift Aid help One25?

Gift Aid makes your donation go further – and additional funds will ensure continued services to empower women to build safer, healthier lives.  

What sort of donations can be Gift Aided?

We can claim Gift Aid on all monetary donations, large or small, from any individual who completes a declaration. This includes donations made via cash, cheque, Direct Debit, standing order and credit or debit card.  

We cannot claim Gift Aid on donations received from companies, made on behalf of a group of people, or from fundraising events such as a bake sale. We also cannot claim Gift Aid on any donations made via tax efficient giving mechanisms, such as CAF.  

Am I eligible for Gift Aid?

We can claim Gift Aid if: 

  • You are a UK tax payer 
  • The tax you pay each tax year (6 April to 5 April) is at least equal to the amount that One25 and all other charities will reclaim on your donations
  • You complete a Gift Aid declaration 
How can I make a Gift Aid declaration?

When you make a one-off donationor set up a monthly donationvia our website, you can complete a Gift Aid declaration during the donation process.  

If making a donation another way, you can complete an online Gift Aid form here.   

If you would like us to send you a form in the post, please contact Rachel on 0117 450 1813 or

Do I need to renew my declaration every year?

No, you only need to make a declaration once. We’ll keep this declaration as your ongoing permission to claim Gift Aid on any donation you make. It will cover the previous four years, the current year and any future donations you might make to One25. We may occasionally contact you to ensure our records are up to date. 

What happens if my circumstances change?

Please let us know if there are any changes to your tax status or if you change your name or address, so we can update our records. You can cancel your declaration at any time by contacting Rachel on 0117 450 1813 or

What if I’m a high-rate taxpayer?

If you pay tax at the rate of 40% or more, you can claim back extra tax from HMRC. For more information, please visit the HMRC website 

For further information on Gift Aid, please contact Rachel in the Fundraising team by calling 0117 450 1813 or emailing 

Log in

Forgotten password?

Back to log in

©2024 - Registered in England. Reg. No. 3362644. It is registered as a charity. Reg. No. 1062391

Website: Atomic Smash